My dearest love,
In recognition of Valentine's Day, I wanted to share a short list of a few of the reasons I adore you so. In no particular order...
1. You always give me the bigger half - never begrudgingly or with any hesitation.
2. You tell me I'm beautiful every day, even when I haven't showered in a week.
3. You text me "good morning" every day you're at work.
4. You always kiss me last when you leaves, and first when you comes home.
5. You voluntarily and willingly conformed to my dietary restrictions at home before I even moved in with you.
6. You read the labels for me.
7. You never call me lazy or put me down for being a stay-at-home mama. In fact, you thank me regularly.
8. Actually, you never put me down in any way.
9. You actively communicate with me throughout the day, whether we're together or not.
10. When I ask you how your day was, you tell me about it instead of just saying, "good."
11. You encourage all of my efforts at entrepreneurship, and have never asked me why I don't get a "real job."
12. When I found it impossible to get a "real job" after moving in with you, instead of getting mad or frustrated, you took over my car payments happily, and promised to take care of me and Bean to the best of your ability, for as long as you can.
13. You are actively involved with Bean, playing with him, bathing him, and have said on multiple occasions that diaper changes are your favorite because you get to have one-on-one time with him.
14. You genuinely think I'm funny, and can pretty much always make me laugh.
15. You squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom.
16. You know my favorite order at pretty much every place we frequent.
17. You take me seriously, and never make fun of me.
18. You always take my side, no matter what.
19. You're always excited to see me.
20. We never run out of things to talk about, even when we start re-telling stories the other already knows.
21. You never get annoyed when I get on my soapbox; instead, you listen intently, and generally give your well-thought-out opinion.
22. You happily help out with Bean, even after a long day at work, so that I can work on projects, run a quick errand, take a shower, or even take a much-needed nap.
23. You rarely ask me to drive, even if you're sick of it, because you know how much I dislike it.
24. You never buy me roses (you know I don't like them); instead, you pick me wildflowers (my favorite).
25. You fully supported me in my desire for a home birth; and, when that didn't happen, were by my side the entire time we were in the hospital.
26. You did more research about pregnancy and birth while I was pregnant than I did, and you never missed an appointment.
27. You have supported my goal of breastfeeding Bean, and bring me food and water when I'm tied to the couch with a hungry babe.
28. You enjoy cooking with me and for me.
29. You still open doors for me.
30. When I'm upset or angry, you respect my space and never push me, but somehow you always know when I need and am able to talk about it and get me to talk it out.
31. You willingly help me with laundry, dishes, and housework without me asking.
32. Even though you makes 99.9% of the money, you call it all "ours", and respect me enough to ask my opinion on bigger purchases.
33. For my 27th birthday, you made me gluten-free cupcakes, after I told you that no one had made me a birthday cake in years.
34. You always put me first, and work to make sure I take care of myself, too.
35. You make time for all of Bean's appointments, in part so that I don't have to hold him during his shots because you know how upset it makes me.
36. You constantly tell me I'm awesome.
37. You are a fan of pretty much all of my favorite shows: Firefly, Dowton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Vikings, New Girl, and any History or Science Channel specials. Not only that, but you'll binge-watch any and all of them with me, over and over.
38. You love and respect my family, and are the reason I continued to strive for a relationship with my parents.
39. You love Ikea as much as I do.
40. 8 words: great green gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts.
41. You hold my hand as often as possible.
42. You always smell good.
43. You never complain when you come home to a messy house and no dinner.
44. You drove 6 hours to meet me and drive another 3 hours to see a band you'd never heard of because they're my favorite band and I had an extra ticket and no one to come with me.
45. Motorcycle rides through EKY.
46. You fix my car.
47. Cuddling on the couch in our pj's and watching anime on a Saturday morning is just as romantic as a night out.
48. You never complain about my cooking.
49. You make the bed every night before we go to bed.
50. You still give me pedicures, even though I'm no longer pregnant and can reach my toes again.
I cannot thank God enough for bringing you into my life. You're an amazing father, and the most incredible life partner I could ask for. I'm proud to call you my best friend. I can only hope to be as wonderful to you as you are to me and Bean. My Sun and Stars, you are the light of my life.
I love you the most,
Mama Bear of one Baby Bear, Bean, who both love Papa Bear, and live in a crafty, gluten-free cozy den.